OK People, Enough. Quota Filled. Enough!

How do I say this without sounding cold, callous, inhuman, etc.? No more effing cancer. Six degrees of separation, percentage of friends/family affected, whatever!

It would be one thing if it were all of my Marlboro chain-smoking, 7-11 Big Gulp gimlet-drinking, toxic-waste bathing friends and relatives, but no, it's you healthy people! The exercising veggie eaters. The fresh air breathers. WTF people?!

Take a memo to your cells. Tell your cells I'm pissed. I've had all I can take and I can't take no more. Until I have to, then I will take what comes because you have to. I won't shrink away into the corner. I will drive you to where you need to be. I will buy your groceries. I will make you a damn meatloaf. I will stalk nurses in hospital hallways to make sure you get what you need. I will yell at the world on your behalf from the false privacy of my car. I will memorize your phone number and take your calls in the middle of meetings. I will.

The photo above has little do to with what I've written. I was thinking about the picture and was shocked to discover it was from 2004. I remember X, my brother, and I tried all the settings on my digital camera. Luke kept hoping for the flash to flash; I kept hoping I'd remembered to quell it. When I was taking the picture, the moon was an accessory. Now, the tree is the secondary element. It's the branches that get me.

(Dear grammarians appalled at the plethora of sentences for which prepositions are the last word: Breathe deeply, center yourselves, and get over it.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer Is a Narcissist

The Consumerization of Popcorn... and IT

Raising a Son in a World of Brock Turners