Return of the Snail Buddy

Generally, I like it when @ makes new friends. And I like that he loves to be outside and is curious about the plants and critters that populate the yard. But, everything has its limits.

Take this morning, for instance. The wee boy opted to use the blissful nine minutes between right-handed alarm clock snooze-button bashing to leap on to the bed and steal one of my pillows. OK, fine. I skipped my morning push-up, crunch, etc. ritual, so I should have been up anyway, but stealing my pillow while I'm groggy can be dangerous.

After we sorted out that the pillow thief was relatively benign, we agreed that said thief would snuggle up with said pillow in my bed while I took my shower. A hunch told me that he would not indeed be in the same spot in which I left him upon my emergence from the shower. However... when the dog barged in and the wee boy knocked on the shower door with "Mama, look what I got" I really wasn't expecting to see a snail. But, that's indeed what was attempting to stare through the textured glass. "I got a snail buddy!"

After a brief but meaningful chat about not going outside without me, he graciously took his buddy outside to the porch, but apparently didn't give him enough of a head start to the garden (preferably the neighbor's garden, really), so snail buddy crossed the threshold to return to the house at least two more times. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to teach snail buddies to fly (see previous "snail" posts).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer Is a Narcissist

The Consumerization of Popcorn... and IT

Raising a Son in a World of Brock Turners