Animal Instincts

I have fun with Facebook update posts--those odd little things that have taught so many of us to refer to ourselves in the third person. Being a wordgeek, I'm entertained by finding ways to express myself in a sentence--hopefully with some humor attached. Reading them gives me a quick read on my friends--laughing, standing in line somewhere, stressed, vacationing, hospitalized. Heck, Friday I learned DaveBro was (briefly) 40 miles away at SFO instead of the usual several hundred in Texas. (Brat)

I sometimes look back at my recent posts for some sort of accounting of the week. Apparently, animals are really causing me stress lately. Wordjanitor...
  • is chillin' in the sunny backyard and checking e-mail for flaming chickens.
  • would be getting this stuff done if not for the flying monkeys throwing poo.
  • is just having a fine ol' time juggling rabid wolverines and herding tired cats.
  • laughs: "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."- Matt Groening
At least one person was amused by the chicken comment. Why? Check out the photo that appeared in my e-mail inbox under the subject line "Important."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer Is a Narcissist

The Consumerization of Popcorn... and IT

Raising a Son in a World of Brock Turners